Global Executive Heavy Industries @ IoT.nxt
My passion lies in adding value to businesses and the people that manage them, through the appropriate use of Technology.
During my 32-year career span in the Technology Industry, I have successfully designed, developed, engineered solutions and consulted with the aim to improve the way industry apply Technology.
Having held various managerial positions, I have been involved in new business development by directly engaging with customers and staying ahead of the continuous evolution of Industrial Technologies and Software. In the early years of my career a mentor provided me with an ethos that I still live by – “As an engineer, you should always strive to deliver at least twice the value in profit to your organization than what your income is”.
The strong desire to challenge untried and unproven new technologies, which clearly provide value, lead to many FIRSTS in my career;
• The first Windows SCADA to replace mainframe control at Iscor.
• The first fully automated cheese making factory in South Africa for Clover.
• The first use of Wonderware ArchestrA Technology in the world for SAB.
• The first Wonderware MES deployment in the discrete industry for SA Mint.
• The first fully automated apple juice factory using Wonderware’s InBatch for Appletiser.
• The first MOMS solution for a connected mine using AVEVA technology for Exxaro.
• The first Maintenance Digital Twin in a Mine Operation for Exxaro
• The first and only organization globally to distribute the AVEVA portfolio – IS³ Industry Software, Solutions & Support.
• The first and largest Viable Vision Goldratt Consulting Project for Tata Steel, India