MESA Africa (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) is the African Chapter of MESA International which is a worldwide not-for-profit community of manufacturing companies, information technology hardware and software suppliers, system integrators, consulting service providers, analysts, editors, cademics and students. The combined purpose is to improve business results and production operations through optimized application and implementation of information technology and best management practices. MESA Africa’s efforts are focused on helping the manufacturing community to use information technology to provide real-time visibility into the production process.
Further, MESA Africa is committed to connecting that visibility to create business results, achieving such real value chain objectives such as lean manufacturing, collaborative supply chain management, quality and regulatory compliance, asset performance management, and product lifecycle management.
MESA Africa provides a variety of events that work together to help manufacturers:
- – Better understand what is possible in terms of information technology to improve profitability, business value, agility, and customer satisfaction
- – Engage “best practices” to see what other manufacturers have done to achieve measurable success
- – Approach investment decisions in technology with more confidence
- – Learn to improve the deployment of new technology
MESA (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) International is a global community of manufacturers, producers, industry leaders and solution providers who are focused on improving Operations Management capabilities through the effective application of technology solutions and best practices.This is accomplished through the following:
- – Collect, share and publish best practices and guidance to drive greater productivity and the overall profitability of the manufacturing enterprise
– Education of manufacturing operations best practices through the MESA Global Education Program.
– Facilitate innovation and collaboration to enable the real-time enterprise and Plant to Enterprise (P2E) integration
– Enable members to connect, contribute, cultivate understanding, and exchange strategies to drive operations excellence
– Definitions: MES/MOM = Manufacturing Execution Systems/Manufacturing Operations Management
MESA International has developed a Global Education Program (GEP) that has combined the findings of analysts and the research community with international best practice implementations of the ISA S95 and other industrial standards in one program. This program provides attendees with a good baseline understanding of the Process/Manufacturing Operations systems environment and how industrial standards will add real benefit throughout the business. GEP promotes a business culture of continuous improvements based upon, and supported by, ongoing global research, by providing the building blocks. for a Manufacturing Transformation Strategy to improve misalignments between people, systems, processes and responsibility structures. GEP explains what different international standards contain and how they fit together to assist operations decision support personnel to implement solutions that are proven value adding, flexible and well defined.GEP is presented in South Africa annually, typically in the first half of the year In addition to this formal program, the MESA International resource library at www.mesa.org also host webcasts, presentations, white papers and other educational and research materials.
ACCREDITATION & TERTIARY EDUCATION
MOM Practitioner Accreditation
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
MESA Africa has launched a joint initiative with ECSA that has the objective of developing a framework for the formal certification and accreditation of MOM Practitioners. The intent of this initiative is to develop a curriculum for tuition at participating tertiary educational institutions that will educate MOM Practitioners to meet agreed professional standards recognised by ECSA.
MESA Africa has started collaborating with a leading South African university regarding the development of a post-graduate level l program to introduce engineering students to the subject matter specifically on the principles and best practices taught by MESA and the application of MES and MOM in industry.